CNA Job Description
- Must have emotional stability to deal effectively with stress created by sick clients, must be able to handle multiple tasks, noises, interruptions and must be able to work cooperatively as part of the health care team while maintaining a pleasant demeanor.
- Provide quality care for clients as indicated on care plan: Assist with grooming and hygiene. Assist with nutritional support, encourage independence and dignity. Dress client appropriately. Assist client with continence care per request. Positions client using appropriate devices. Performs range of motion as directed by care plan. Assist client with ambulation and transfers.
- Responds appropriately to client behaviors, such as confusion or wandering. At all times, interacts with clients in a respectful manner, promotes independence by giving choices, communicates caring (verbally and nonverbally), explains procedures before carrying out
- Documents and Communicates Changes. Report all change of condition to Nurse Supervisor.
- Practices good infection control at all times. Uses proper body mechanics at all times. Uses appropriate device to lift clients. Uses transfer belts for all client transfers. Reports unsafe practices or conditions to supervisor.
- Must be registered on the State Nurse Aide Registry and pass a background check.
- Must be able to communicate orally or in writing with clients, co-workers and families.
- Must be able to safely perform the essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation, without posing a direct threat to clients.
- Has a pleasant manner with good grooming and hygiene.
- Must understand the importance of confidentiality as outlined in personnel policies.
- Must be able to function independently, professionally, have flexibility, personal integrity, and the ability to work effectively with clients.
- Must be able to bend, stoop, squat, crouch and kneel occasionally. Must be able to twist, reach above shoulder height, push/pull wheelchair frequently. Must be able to be on their feet for most of their shift as assigned. Must be able to push, pull, move or lift a minimum of 50 pounds to a minimum height of 4 feet and be able to push, pull, move or carry, such weight a minimum distance of 50 feet. Must be able to write in a legible manner. Must be able to hear sounds of client calls.
- Must be able to assist clients with transfers and ambulation – Must be able to move in small spaces and between objects.
Companion Job Description (coming soon)
This job description is not intended to be all inclusive. Employee will also perform other reasonable related duties as assigned by supervisor or management.
This document is not intended to imply a contract of employment.